Tuesday, 5 January 2016

2015 Reading Roundup


I've posted my best reads of 2015 but I wanted to do an additional post to highlight some of the other excellent books I read over the year. I'll share a few of my reading stats and then highlight some of my favourites in particular categories.



Total books read: 82
Rated 5 stars: 15
Rated 4 stars: 36
Rated 3 stars: 20
Rated 2 stars: 11
Rated 0 stars (Did not finish): 9

YA books read: 67
Adult books read: 15


Best book of short stories
13 Chairs by Dave Shelton. Excellent differentiation of voice in this book. And it gave me a massive lump in my throat.

Best book in a series
Half Bad/Half Wild by Sally Green. Can't wait for Half Lost.

Best book by a debut author
Birdy by Jess Vallance. A twisted friendship that kept me hooked.

Best page turner
Monsters by Emerald Fennell. The most disturbing book I read this year. I Just had to find out where it was going.

Best world-building
Railhead by Philip Reeve. Imaginative book with a gripping storyline.

Biggest disappointment
The Rest of Us Just Live Here. Love his other stuff, horribly disappointed with this one.

Best 2016 release already read
Orbiting Jupiter by Gary Schmidt. Slight and tender. Loved it.

Most anticipated book of 2016
How Not to Disappear by Clare Furniss. Loved Year of the Rat, can't wait for this one.

Most beautifully written
The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell. So wonderful I kept tweeting quotes.

Best diverse book
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley. Engrossing historical LGBT romance.

Most loathsome character
Papa S from Seed by Lisa Heathfield. Brilliant book, hideous character. Gave me the heebie-jeebies!

Favourite character
Teddy from A God in Ruins. I loved him. I could have married him.


No comments:

Post a Comment