Friday, 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

Hello and Happy New Year.

I've been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time but have spent the best part of last year procrastinating. As I usually do.

What should I call it? Should I just focus on YA or everything I read? Should I include what I'm reading with my children? Who would actually be interested if I included picture books, children's books, YA and adult books? Is it too broad a range? What about library related stuff (I'm a secondary school librarian)? How about events like YALC, literature festivals and library conferences I attend?

So many questions, so few answers.

I finally decided I might not figure out the answers until I make a start - see what works and what doesn't. Experiment. So, this is a work in progress. We'll see how it goes. It may change with time.

One thing that did become clear to me was that I'm not very good at writing long, wordy reviews, so what will be posted on here should be fairly succinct: hence the title Slight Reviews. I also decided that I am going to try and keep book and library stuff separate. There will be some degree of overlap but purely library related ideas and events will be on my other blog, linked in the sidebar, if you're interested.

I'm not going to waffle on much longer, this is supposed to be slight after all. My first proper post should be a review of my 2015 reading. Watch this space. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment