Sunday, 7 February 2016

Anticipating the Carnegie Longlist

The CILIP Carnegie Medal is always the highlight of my reading year. The nominations, the longlist, the shortlist and that anticipation for the announcement of the eventual winner. In fact I would go as far to say that it shapes my entire reading year. Every time I finish reading a book for children or young adults I ask myself if it is Carnegie quality.

Despite reading what I thought was a phenomenal number of books last year, only 29 of these were among those 90ish nominated for the 2016 prize. I'm certain that I have yet to read some of the absolutely amazing books that will no doubt end up being longlisted and shortlisted, nevertheless, I have attempted to pull together my own personal favourites from those I did read in time for the unveiling of the official longlist on Tuesday 16th February.

These are the 15 titles I've selected for my own longlist.



No comments:

Post a Comment